Run a Non-Profit? Receive Funding from Google to Spend on Ads with Google Ad Grants
- 14 September 2020
Google Ads can be a helpful tool in your marketing toolbox because they deliver your ads directly to people when they search for specific keywords relevant to your organization. It’s a tool we regularly use with our clients because it can be highly effective.
Although most companies pay for Google Ads, Google has a special grant for non-profits that offers $10,000 USD for charities to spend on Google’s advertising platform for a month. The grant is free for nonprofits to apply..
Over 20,000 nonprofits based in more than 50 different countries, such as the American Cancer Society, DonorsChoose.org, We Care Animal Rescue and many more, have used the grant to reach and engage with their audiences.
Using the funding, you can run ads on Google that will appear next to Google search results when someone looks up your organization. The ads will be at the top of the page, giving your company an edge over the rest of the searches, and users will see your ad as soon as the page loads.
Ad run by a non-profit through the Google Ad Grant
One of our favorite features (that applies to nearly all paid advertising online), is that you can measure your organization’s success via their platform meaning through insights that show those clicked on your ad and those who went on to donate to your cause..
Google Ad platform
In theory, these ads will lead to more views on your website, regardless of whether the visitor’s donated anything. You can read some of the success stories on the Google website to see how Google Ads helped different organizations and how they may also help you achieve your goals..
If you are looking to apply, there are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Ads will only be text-based, with no images or videos.
- Your ads will only appear on Google search results, below the ads of paid advertisers.
Where the ad will be displayed
Here are the requirements to qualify for Google Ad Grants:
- Organizations must apply on Google for Nonprofits.
- Organizations are required to hold a valid charity status. Visit Google for Nonprofits to view the definition of charity status in your country.
- Government entities and organizations, hospitals, and medical groups, schools, academic institutions, and universities are not eligible. However philanthropic arms of educational institutions are.
- Organizations must agree to Google’s required certification concerning non-discrimination and donation receipt and use.
- Organizations must have a high-quality website that meets Ad Grants standards. Visit Website policy to know if your non-profit qualifies. Some of the website policies are:
- Your nonprofit must own the domain.
- Your website needs to have clear information about your organization, what it is, your objectives, and what you have been doing to reach your goals.
- The website must have unique content.
- Quick loading website.
- Your website must be true to your nonprofit and cannot be anything commercial such as sales and so on.
- Organizations must get approval through the Ad Grants pre-qualification process after enrolling in Google for Nonprofits.
To stay qualified:
- Your organization must obey the program policies.
Currently, the grant is only available for nonprofits based in the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
Running an effective campaign using Google Ads can be time-consuming and difficult. Let us use our years of Google Ad experience to help you drive support to your brand. If you need help let us know by completing the contact form.
I’m Daniel – a marketing & growth expert. I specialise in helping companies and startups acquire the right kind of high-quality users that are critical to your mission. I do this by deeply understanding who your customers are and by finding ways to bring them on board in a way that is scalable, predictable and repeatable by creating a Growth Machine. I have capacity to assist in advisory or execution roles, so do get in touch and let's see if I can help.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
Discover our free internal marketing wiki, the result of over six years of marketing knowledge assembled in one practical, easy-to-understand compendium!
Click here for our FREE "Ultimate Guide to Growth Marketing for Startups"
- Performance Marketing Vs Growth Marketing for Startups 21 March 2023
- How To Easily Understand Your Customers 27 February 2023
- SEO For Startups 26 January 2023